Fwd: Re: apnic - second day better (fwd)

it seems my trip reports are being circulated and anne has
a very useful correction.  [anne, can i vet today's with
you before i send it? ]

From: Anne Lord <anne@apnic.net>
To: randy@psg.com
Subject: Fwd: Re: apnic - second day better (fwd)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:36:47 +1000 (EST)

Randy,

>   o ripe-261 was presented and pushed, which asks iana to allocate

Just to clarify, it was NOT ripe-261 that was being "pushed".

ripe-261 advocates a "common allocation pool" and therefore does
not talk about individual RIR allocations. This was a follow up
which dropped the idea of the "common allocation pool" since there
was feedback that this was not desired.

The distinction is important. I would appreciate it this could be clarified.

Thanks,
Anne