Date: 8. september 2003 16:32 -0400
From: Stanley Weilnau <sweilnau@cnri.reston.va.us>
To: harald@alvestrand.no, leslie@thinkingcat.com
Cc: avezza@foretec.com, bfuller@foretec.com
Subject: IESG Note.

The IETF experienced an unusual volume of virus laden email and spam which caused a cascade of problems including exposing problems in our instrumentation. However, to our knowledge no legitimate email was lost. We apologize that it took a considerable amount of time to sort through the problems and solve the problems. We have added instrumentation to alert us to mail problems on this server sooner. We are also making changes to the server to make it less susceptible to this problem in the future.

Stanley Weilnau