Re: Status of draft-siemborski-mupdate-04.txt?

> Hi,

> I'm writing in regards to draft-siemborski-mupdate-04.txt which appears to
> have gotten wedged in the IETF/IESG publication process somehow.  I've
> tried to contact the Shepherding AD (Ned Freed) multiple times over the
> past 2 months but have received no response.  I'm sure Ned is very busy
> but I would like to see this document advanced if at all possible.

I've been out on medical leave for the past 7 weeks or so and hence unable to
deal with this.

> The information contained here:

> https://www.ietf.org/IESG/EVALUATIONS/draft-siemborski-mupdate.bal

> Indicates that the draft has been approved for publication,

Ballots/announcments are written assuming the document is approved. This
doesn't mean it actually has been approved, however.

> however the
> draft tracker appears to have is still listed as "IESG Evaluation -
> Defer":

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=8615&rfc_flag=0

> If anything could be done to help this along, I'd greatly appreciate it.

What happened is that the document was on the IESG agenda right about the
time I went in for surgery. The IESG didn't feel comfortable reviewing this
in my absence so it got deferred. Now that I'm back (for a while at least --
another surgery is pending) I've asked to have this document added to the
next IESG agenda so it can be reviewed.

Sorry it took so long.

				Ned