Re: comments on WG rechartering procedures

Some comments-on-comments - other changes got inserted.

--On 5. september 2003 12:20 -0400 Thomas Narten <narten@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Here are my comments on the rechartering procedures:

    * The AD submits the revised charter to the Secretariat (i.e., to
      iesg-secretary@ietf.org), and requests that the WG be placed on
      the agenda for the next Telechat.

Note: here, new charters that are underging formal internal review do not automatically go on the agenda. I am OK with this, but we should all be aware, and understand this is the default.

I think this is a misunderstanding; this paragraph was intended to say that the AD sends a single message "WG to agenda ... and here is the charter".
Suggestions for improved wording?

+ Creates a mailing list for the WG if requested to
                  do so by the WG Chairs, and approved by the AD
                  (INTERNAL PROCEDURES)

Note: in most cases, the mailing list is created prior to final
approval of the WG. I mention this only to be sure there isn't an
implication that WG mailing lists hosted at ietf.org can only be set
up after the WG is formally approved...

Actually, I think the above an be struck, because the procedures for
creating mailing lists would cover the issue of when to create mailing
lists.

                + Sends a formal "WG Action" announcement to the IETF
                Announcement List (i.e., to ietf-announce@ietf.org) with
                copies to the proposed Chairs of the new WG. The
                standard message is as follows: