Agenda: Management item: Nomcom - List of open positions and liaison

To the agenda for Thursday's call:

The new Nomcom is starting up.
The IESG needs to do two things:

- Send a list of open positions to be filled to the ExDir, for transmission to the NomCom
- Appoint a liaison to NomCom

I believe the people whose terms are expiring are (correct me if I'm wrong):

- Ned Freed
- Bert Wijnen
- Alex Zinin
- Steve Bellovin
- Allison Mankin
[it's only 5, because Erik was due to be up for reselection, and Margaret replaced Erik early, and so got 2 1/2 years according to the rule]

I *think* the right thing to do at *this* time is to ask for straight replacements. We haven't figured out anything else to ask for.

So the theoretically possible candidates for liaison to nomcom are:

- Harald Alvestrand
- Ted Hardie
- Thomas Narten
- Margaret Wasserman