Re: [Rps] Re: Last Call: 'RPSLng' to Proposed Standard

Curtis Villamizar wrote:

Transition issues are very important in a RR.  You have to assume that
old software will be around for quite a long time.  Someone is bound
to be using old code for a very long time.

I'm not disputing that. What I am suggesting is that if there was a version number (say) negotiation mechanism then new code could negotiate for support of new features with a server but without this a new server would return old style data (which will avoid the old code barfing).

Mark.