Re: [Rps] Re: Last Call: 'RPSLng' to Proposed Standard

Curtis Villamizar wrote:

Since there is no version negotiation, we'd need a new set of queries
with version negotiation.  The old set could be assumed to be the old
versions.

Well the obvious question to ask is why not add it (version negotiation that is). This would require some codification of the exchange between a client and a server but wouldn't this be a good thing anyway?

The next issue is you'd need a reliable means to translate the new
format into the old.  This does constrain the syntax somewhat, but
would allow ipv4,ipv6 policy to be specified and just the ipv4 part
returned to the old query.

Ah but would an organisation using an old client write new syntax objects anyway?

This boild down to just a "small matter of code". RtConfig is open
source. Would you like to contribute the changes? :-)
Given my lack of C++ skills (combined with my lack of gcc v2 compiler) I'm not sure I would be too helpful in that regard :-) However I guess I would be happy to assist updating RFC 2650.

Mark.