draft-ietf-mpls-mgmt-overview-09.txt

All,

I have just submitted version 9 of the MPLS management overview draft.

This version contains changes only for the comments made during IETF last call, and
updates to contact information. The issues raised during IETF last call, and the changes
made are shown below.

I have had positive acks from the co-authors, the person that raised the issues, and a WG
chair.
The ADs and the other WG chair have had the opportunity to issue negative acks.

Please let me know if there are any concerns.

Thanks,
Adrian

The email in IESG last call said:

> Section 5.1 on Page 9 of the document claims that the LSR-MIB contains a
> mplsTrafficParamTable. This was only true in earlier draft versions of
> draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib. The current draft does not any more contain this
> table. Only InSegmentTable and OutSegmentTable contain a single entry
> trafficParamPtr that may point to a table in a different MIB.
>
> 1) The section reading
> >   -  The Traffic Parameter table (mplsTrafficParamTable) is
> >      used to specify and record LSP related traffic parameters.
> should be removed,
>
> 2) the line reading
> >   mplsLabelStackTable and mplsTrafficParamTable, but see the section
> in section 5.2 should be corrected and
>
> 3) the dependency graph in section 5.5 should be altered

The changes are summarized using RFC-ed notation below. Consequent changes in page
numbering and indexing are not shown.

*** Header ***
OLD
Expires: February 2004                              Cheenu Srinivasan
         ^^^^^^^^
NEW
Expires: March 2004                                 Cheenu Srinivasan
         ^^^^^

*** Header ***
OLD
                                                          August 2003
                                                       ^^^^^^^^^
NEW
                                                       September 2003
                                                       ^^^^^^^^^

*** Header ***
OLD
             draft-ietf-mpls-mgmt-overview-08.txt
                                            ^
NEW
             draft-ietf-mpls-mgmt-overview-09.txt
                                            ^

*** Page headers ***
OLD
Internet Draft     draft-ietf-mpls-mgmt-overview-08.txt      August 2003
                                                  ^       ^^^^^^^^^
NEW
Internet Draft     draft-ietf-mpls-mgmt-overview-09.txt   September 2003
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^

*** Section 5.1, 6th bullet ***
DELETE (delete entire bullet)

   -  The Traffic Parameter table (mplsTrafficParamTable) is
      used to specify and record LSP related traffic parameters.

*** Section 5.2, para 1 ***
REPLACE (entire paragraph)
OLD
   Where tables in the MIB module have arbitrary indexes, scalars are
   provided to supply the next available index.  This applies to
   mplsInSegmentTable, mplsOutSegmentTable, mplsXCTable,
   mplsLabelStackTable and mplsTrafficParamTable, but see the section
   on indexing, below.

NEW
   Where tables in the MIB module have arbitrary indexes, scalars are
   provided to supply the next available index.  This applies to
   mplsInSegmentTable, mplsOutSegmentTable, mplsXCTable and
   mplsLabelStackTable, but see the section on indexing, below.

*** Section 5.5, 2nd para ***
INSERT (entire new paragraph)
NEW
   Note that the various MIB tables contain two instances of pointers
   to external tables that are not currently defined. Entries in an
   external Traffic Parameters Table (external_Traffic_Table) are
   pointed to using RowPointers from the mplsInSegmentTable
   (mplsInSegmentTrafficParamPtr) and from the mplsOutSegmentTable
   (mplsOutSegmentTrafficParamPtr) to allow representation of the
   traffic parameters for the MPLS segment - alternatively, the
   pointers may indicate an entry in the Tunnel Resource Table
   (mplsTunnelResourceTable) in MPLS-TE-STD-MIB. Similarly, an
   external label table may be used to store label values if, for
   some reason they are not stored in place within the LSR MIB tables.
   This might occur if extra per label space information needs to be
   stored, and paves the way for GMPLS where labels cannot always be
   stored in a 32 bit value. RowPointers are used from the
   mplsInSegmentTable (mplsInSegmentLabelPtr), the mplsOutSegmentTable
   (mplsOutSegmentTopLabelPtr), and from the mplsLabelStackTable
   (mplsLabelStackLabelPtr).

*** Section 5.5, diagram ***
REPLACE (entire diagram)
OLD
                      mplsInterfacePerfTable
                                 ^

                        mplsInterfaceTable
                         ^              ^
   mplsInSegmentMapTable |              | mplsLabelStackTable
             |           |              |           ^
             |      +----+              +----+      |
             |      |                        |      |
             |      | mplsTrafficParamTable  |      |
             |      |   ^                ^   |      |
             V      |   |                |   |      |
            mplsInSegmentTable        mplsOutSegmentTable
                ^   ^                        ^   ^
                |   |                        |   |
                |   +----> mplsXCTable  <----+   |
                V                                V
        mplsInSegmentPerfTable    mplsOutSegmentPerfTable
NEW
                      mplsInterfacePerfTable
                                 ^

                        mplsInterfaceTable
                         ^              ^
   mplsInSegmentMapTable |              | mplsLabelStackTable
             |           |              |           ^     |
             |      +----+              +----+      |     |
             |      |                        |      |     |
             |      | external_Traffic_Table |      |     |
             |      |   ^                ^   |      |     |
             V      |   |                |   |      |     |
            mplsInSegmentTable        mplsOutSegmentTable |
             |  ^   ^                        ^   ^     |  |
             |  |   |                        |   |     |  V
      +------+  |   +----> mplsXCTable  <----+   |     +--+
      |         V                                V        |
      | mplsInSegmentPerfTable    mplsOutSegmentPerfTable |
      |                                                   |
      +--------------> external_Label_Table <-------------+

*** Section 20 ***
OLD
  Adrian Farrel