(sorry, typo'd the IESG address)

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From rfc-ed@ISI.EDU  Thu Sep 18 08:46:22 2003
From: Bob Braden <braden@ISI.EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:46:10 -0700 (PDT)
To: iab@ietf.org, iesg@ietf, org@ISI.EDU
Subject: RFC Editorial Board
Cc: rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org, rfc-ed-board@rfc-editor.org

The 34-year-old RFC document series is a monument to Jon Postel, who
served as the RFC Editor for nearly 30 years.  The quality of the
series is a result of Jon's broad technical expertise, good judgment
and taste, scholarly approach, and hard work.  The RFC Editor team that
has been carrying on since Jon's untimely death has accomplished the
hard-work part of Jon's legacy, but the other parts are a challenge.

To obtain a broad range of technical and editorial advice on RFC Editor
operation, we have therefore formed an RFC Editorial Board.  The goal
of this board will be to help us maximize the quality and usefulness
of the RFC series for the present and future Internet community.

We expect Editorial Board functions to include:

	o To provide expert opinions on technical issues and policies
		related to the RFC series.

	o To advise the RFC Editor on editorial policies, goals and
		priorities.

	o To help with review of individual submissions for publication.

	o To help to tap broader community resources to resolve editorial
		issues.

We are extremely grateful that the following members of the Internet
community have consented for serve on the RFC Editorial Board:

	Scott Bradner
	Vint Cerf
	Bruce Davie
	Sue Hares
	Bob Hinden

(This announcement will be posted on the RFC Editor web site, on the
News page.)
Bob & Joyce, for the RFC Editor

----- End Included Message -----