From: Wijnen, Bert (Bert) [mailto:bwijnen@lucent.com]
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 2:24 PM
To: 'Michelle S. Cotton'; Mpls (E-mail)
Cc: iesg@ietf.org; iana@iana.org; Wijnen, Bert (Bert); zinin@psg.com
Subject: RE: Question/Comments: ietf-mpls-te-mib,

I think that is OK. The 166 is requested, because that is the ifType
for MPLS (in ianaiftype.mib) and most of the time we do assign
such specific MIB modules undertransmission with the arc that
equals th ifType.

So the values between 135 and 165 (inclusive) stay available for now.

> > draft-ietf-mpls-ftn-mib-08.txt
> >
> > No IANA actions
> >
> Mmm... should have caught that myself. They do:
>

>        "Initial version issued as part of RFC XXXX."
>     ::= { mplsStdMIB 8 }
>
> And in fact they should have asked you to make and
> register that assignment.
>
> [MSC] Can the authors be notified they need an IANA Considerations
> section?

They should have done something aka:

      ::= { mplsStdMIB xxx } -- IANA assigns xxx
      -- IANA pls assign value 8.

by cc:ing mpls list I am asking authors to do so.

> > draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-12.txt
> >
> > The IANA Considerations section says there are 4 assignments
> > for this document, but then only 1 is described in section 18.1
> > and that is the end of the document. Was this cut-off in the
> > online version by mistake.  If so, where should these assignments
> > go?
> >
> It looks like this doc got indeed cut off.
> They have )page 13/14):
>    DESCRIPTION
>         "Initial draft version issued as part of RFC XXXX."
>    ::= { mplsStdMIB 3 }
>
> And they should have asked you to make and register the assignment.
> So again this goes under mplsStdMIB. Seems like they have made a
> few copy and paste errors.

Same here

Bert