Re: References to work in progress

> I was talking about the final RFC-publication.
> Even there, people who read it may want a better handle
> to find the papers (IDs) that are referenced.

Thanks for the clarification. This would be a _big_ change though, as
it would in effect make IDs more permanent. We've gone to great
lengths over the years to say one should not reference IDs in general
in permanent documents. If RFCs did that, we'd have a lot harder time
pushing back on other groups that do that (including other SDOs...)

I'm not at all sure this would be a net benefit.

Thomas