Re: References to work in progress

If an archival document has a reference to another specific document,
either (1) the other document is thereby made archival by reference,
or (2) we just did something dumb by deliberately creating a dangling
reference in an archival document.  Either case seems bad to the RFC
Editor, and heretofore the community has agreed -- hence the "Work
in Progress".

It is true that we cannot avoid dangling references alltogether;
some references in RFCs are going to meet an untimely death, but hopefully
only a minority of references.  But that admission is a long way from
deliberately holding up our foot, raising our revolver, and ...

Normative/not makes no difference, it seems to me.

Bob Braden