Re: References to work in progress

  *>
  *> Randy,
  *>
  *> We believe that the full file name IS the reference I was talking
  *> about.  We question whether it then helps to say, "And oh, by the way,
  *> this reference is ephemeral".
  *>
  *> Bob
  *>
  *>

Randy,

In fact, by my previous analsys, it says: (2) we are doing something dumb.

It seems that RFCs from the IETF have two separate and desirable
properties:  official and archival.  I suspect that you sort of want
the official without caring so much about archival, whereas the RFC
Editor tends to think first about archival issues.  I guess that
explains the issue here.

Bob