RE: Updated MPLS charter

--On 26. september 2003 23:02 +0200 "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com> wrote:

It goes back to document
   draft-andersson-mpls-g-chng-proc-00.txt
and that is the one that cause a LOT OF bitching from people
from other SDOs, specifically ITU SG15. It resulted in the
   draft-baker-liaisons-00.txt
document to try and protect proper consideration of input
from otehr SDOs.

I think we should finish this doc... but it will not be
without obstacles I suspect.

makes sense to me - and may require major surgery to remove the assumption that WGs are permanent, or creation of the "maintenance team" concept that has been mentioned in discussion.

Perhaps add a sentence to the charter saying something like:

Determine (with CCAMP) what procedures are appropriate for evaluating proposals to extend the MPLS and GMPLS protocols, and document these

I believe there is a difference between review needed for (hopefully harmonious) extensions and review needed for (possibly incompatible) protocol change, but documenting what that difference is for MPLS is probably not a task for the charter.

Harald