Re: laugh test - capwap

One more comment on:

> Note: For a long while, I've had trouble understanding whether an AP
> is an L2 or an L3 thingie. That is important, because IMO, L2 stuff
> generally isn't IETF business. But folk in many camps seem to talk
> about APs as if they were L3 thingies, even though this has not been
> clear to me.

Today, clients deal with hosts and routers on an attached link. I
would not be thrilled if it became commen for clients to have to also
deal with a new (and different) entity call the AP.

I can imagine lots of pressure for narrow "performance optimizations"
that could be made if clients just knew more about APs and did special
things...

Thomas