evaluation: draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-v3

Please record me as a DISCUSS on draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-v3.

Comments:

2.6 says that the transmitter MUST be capable of generating dummy
packets.  Without saying how this is controlled, that's meaningless.
Must there be some API to control generation of dummy packets?

2.7: The UDP header contains an explicit length, and thus can be used
with TFC in transport mode.  To be sure, the document says "e.g." when
I think it means "i.e.", but the implication of the text is clear:  TFC
is for tunnel mode only.  But given UDP (and given other possible next
protocols), the spec should state the tunnel mode-only restriction
explicitly.

Section 6 can't be evaluated until 2401bis shows up.