From: Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)
Sent: donderdag 2 oktober 2003 14:58
To: Wijnen, Bert (Bert); 'Disman (E-mail) (E-mail)'
Cc: 'Ted Hardie (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: Another IESG comment - pls respond ASAP

Thanks for the comment.
I will propose the following to highlight the design.
In Section 4 "ARC MIB Overview", add the following text as a new
paragraph after the 5th paragraph (The 5th paragraph is the one starts
with the sentence: This document defines ....)

     Defined in M.3100 Amendment 3 [M.3100 Amd3], there are five
     ARC states: alm, nalm, nalmQI, nalmQICD and nalmTI.
     In the ARC MIB module, the arcState object is defined to model the
     M.3100 ARC states. Note that the state alm (alarm reporting is
     allowed) is not listed in the enumeration of the value of this
     object.  However, this state is implicitly supported by the mib.
     Once a resource enters the normal reporting mode (i.e., into the
     alm state) for the specified alarm type, the corresponding
     row will be automatically deleted from the arc table.
     Also the manual setting of arcState to alm can be achieved through
     setting the RowStatus object to 'destroy'.

Regards,
Kam