RE: WG Review: Internet and Management Support for Storage (imss)

Hi Scott,

> I'm sure there is a reason that this WG is proposed in the Internet
> area rather than Transport (where the storage work is being done) or
> the O&M area (where management stuff that no one wants seems to go)
> can you-all share the reason(s)?

This working group is not chartered to develop any storage
protocols.  It will produce the specification for running IPv6
over Fibre Channel, as well as the MIBs to manage Fibre
Channel-base IP networks.  As far as I know, IP over <foo> WGs
have usually been chartered in the Internet area, and they often
include related MIBs.

BTW, this WG has the support and active involvement of the
chairs of the IPS WG -- Elizabeth Rodriguez will chair this WG,
and David Black will serve as an advisor.  We also have Keith
McCloghrie signed up as an advisor for SNMP/MIB issues.

Margaret