Re: Proposal from mstjohns: Pre-approval of RFC 2727bis

I am not any of IESG or ISOC BoT Chair or ISOC President, but: I personally think it is a reasonable proposal. Yes.

I would include posting it to the ISOC and/or IETF website
for longevity greater than 6 months, as "process followed
for this year".

Leslie.

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
Mike St. Johns has suggested that the IESG should approve the 2727bis document as-is, mostly, I think, in order to fix the nomcom selection that will occur on October 10.

I think there's good reason for that, but also want to get the current issues with the document fixed before publication.

I have an alternate suggestion - that the ISOC President instruct the nomcom chair to follow the instructions of 2727bis, accepting that some points will be clarified as part of the ongoing process.

If the IESG agrees on that, and the ISOC BoT and ISOC President does not object, we can do it. But we have to decide by tomorrow.

What do people think?

NOTE: If I hear one person among the IESG + ISOC BoT Chair + ISOC President saying "NO, can't do", I dont' think we can do it. I'd also like to have people say "YES".

Comments?

Harald

"Reality:
    Yours to discover."