Re: A concept resurrected(?) - WG secretary?

>> There have been lots of good ideas posted about this. But I don't
>> think one formula works for all WGs/Chairs.
>>
>> There is a saying that whatever is measured improves. If you want
>> minutes filed in a timely way, develop a point system with a couple
>> of steps where a WG gets the most points if they submit minutes within
>> tne days of a meeting down to zero if they miss the next proceedings
>> and post a list of WGs sorted by their average minutes score per
>> meeting. Admitted this does not measure the quality of the minutes
>> but I bet you would get more timely-filed minutes and, other things
>> being equal, the fresher and more current the meeting is when minutes
>> are written/corrected, the better they will be.

	I'm really not a fan of punishment, and further, after
	the Vienna IETF I experienced (for the first time)
	difficult getting minutes from my scribes (all three of
	them, actually). So no matter how much time I may have
	set aside to edit/complete minutes, without the raw
	material from the scribes, it really didn't matter. So in
	this case, what are you going to do, punish (subtract
	points) from the scribe, or from the WG chair for
	choosing a "bad" scribe?

	Just doesn't seem workable to me.

	Dave