RE: A concept resurrected(?) - WG secretary?

If such a role were to be created, it would of course be the
job of the WG Chair to weed the unqualified out of consideration;
much like you already have to for every other role within the
WG.

My experiences in filling existing WG roles are no different in
some cases from a the "visibility" concern that has been raised. ;)

I'd be willing to invest the energy in finding someone who
really enjoys this type of work because it can help keep the group
moving forward.

I also would like to add that such a role would be most useful
when a WG is nearing the end of its chartered work program. That
is most often when issues get dropped and unnecessary delays are
introduced simply because the "high energy" work is over.

Interest in *finishing* things has never been a general human trait.

People who are truly good project managers tend to have that trait
"hard wired."

Chris Apple - Principal Architect

DSI Consulting, Inc.

mailto:capple@dsi-consulting.net