Re: IETF e-mail archive

Sunday 12 October 2003, Ralph wrote:
> Could the IETF "Mailman" e-mail archive really use some sort of search tool,
> or does it already exist and I just can't find it?

As far as I know, there is no search tool for Mailman, nor specifically for
the IETF archives, but you can often convince google to do what you want.

Suppose you would like to search the dhc wg archives for messages mentioning
dhcpv6, you'd use the google search string "site:www1.ietf.org [dhcwg] dhcpv6" :

 http://www.google.com/search?q=site:www1.ietf.org+[dhcwg]+dhcpv6

Since the machine which hosts the archives (which is the machine
indicated with the 'site:' keyword in the search string) is dependent on
workgroup, it might be nice to set up an individual google search form
for each list, though.

	Henrik