DNP for: draft-ogura-mapos-nsp-multiexp-02.txt

As discussed during the telechat, here is a proposed DNP note:

The IESG requests that 'A Multicast Extension to MAPOS NSP (Node
Switch Protocol)' <draft-ogura-mapos-nsp-multiexp-02.txt> NOT be
published as an Experimental RFC.

MAPOS is a link-layer protocol for transmitting network-layer
datagrams encapsulated in HDLC frames over SONET/SDH. Like most
link-layer protocols, MAPOS has no particular relationship with IP
other than that it can carry IP datagrams.  This document describes
NSP+, MAPOS-specific extensions whose scope is restricted to MAPOS
itself.  The extensions described here are entirely an internal MAPOS
issue and are not directly related to the higher-layer protocols
(e.g., IP) that MAPOS can carry. While we do not have an issue with
the technical content of the document per se, we do question how the
scope of the document relates to the RFC series, and in particular its
focus of being "about the Internet".

Thomas