Re: mailing lists for pre-BoFs?

Update from Al Vezza on cost of mailing lists:

I replied that if the expected response time was more than about 3 days, we should recommend that people get their BOF mailing lists elsewhere.

Harald

Hi Harald,

Barbara asked me to respond to your email concerning mailing lists.  I
did look into what is required on our part to set up and host a mailing
list.

When we create a mailing list, two archives are created (one text and one
Web), aliases are set up, and testing of all that is done by sending
several emails before we turn it over to the administrator.  This takes
on average about two hours.

As you know from discussions with Barbara we are running very lean.  As
always, we would like to accommodate the needs of the IETF, and we will
continue to handle the set-up and hosting of WG mailings lists (for your
info we now have 127 IETF lists).  However, at this time because we have
such a lean staff I am unable to guarantee a timely response to requests
for other types of mailing lists.  Do you think the community would
accept having their request put in a queue and being told the date by
which their mailing list would be created, if the date were several weeks
off?