draft-kindberg-tag-uri-04.txt (Can we dnp without a call?)

Howdy,
	In conversation with Harald and John Klensin, a question of
procedure came up that I'd like folks to comment on.  Can I suggest
that we send a DNP to the RFC editor on an individual submission
and get a poll on that without putting the document on the agenda?
	As a concrete example, I'd like to send a DNP to the
RFC editor for draft-kindberg-tag-uri-04.txt with the following
text:

	This document requests a registration of a new URI
	scheme.  Under the rules set out in RFC 2717, section 3.2,
	new URI schemes normally require standards-track documents,
	though the IESG has the discretion to waive that requirement
	in certain cases.   Based on discussion on the URI and URI-review
	mailing lists, the IESG believes that there is no consensus
	on the utility to the Internet Architecture of the mechanisms
	the document describes.  It therefor does not choose to
	waive the requirement for a standards-track document and
	declines the registration of this scheme.  The IESG requests
	that the RFC Editor not publish this document.

	Would anyone who would object to our getting agreement to
sending this note in email send email to the list by Thursday of next week?
	(NB:  I have not put this item on next week's agenda, because
the agenda is very full already.)
				regards,
					Ted