Re: Review of proposal: Education team

First, let me say this is an excellent idea.

Second, do consider (and I'm quite willing to help here) that there are communications problems not just between North Americans and non-North Americans. Next summer, I will be an invited speaker for the Usability Professionals Association on communicating between different professional cultures.

One specific area is making sure that traditional telephony and more IP oriented people don't talk past one another. This is obviously important as we move to VoIP. I do have some presentations I did for train-the-trainer programs for data people talking to telcos, as well as some subsequent work on reinforcing the knowledge of data engineers in a way that makes them realize that they actually understand some telephony concepts, but they don't know the telephony-speak for them. I'd be glad to contribute the material and/or update it.

In addition, I've done some of this cross-cultural education in other industries that might be less key than the telcos, but still relevant. These include advanced telemedicine networks and military requirements.

Let me know how I can help.
--

Howard C. Berkowitz
Chief Technology Officer

(703)998-5819 voice
(703)998-5058  fax (alas, sometimes poorly operated by "helpful" cat)