Re: Review of proposal: Education team

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
> It was intentional, and intended to provide input for tomorrow's IESG
> telechat - what was not intentional was the review message coming out this
> late. We're discussing how to deal with that - it's another 3 weeks until
> the next IESG telechat.

Ok.

Is it just me or does it seem like the IETF secretariat is having a lot of
problems with its basic processes?  We're concerned over the use of
efficient engineering practices, but our support functions are failing.
Updating the WG web page or charter items in particular can take weeks, if
done at all, Internet-Drafts get significantly delayed, bogus
draft-ietf-<WG> document get accepted as WG items by the secretariat
without asking from WG chairs by mistake, etc.etc.

There seems a lot of streamlining the process to do, making it more
automatic. (IMHO, it seems weird that something like I-D submission
is not automated..)

After that the secretariat could concentrate better on subjects which
cannot be easily automated, like writing IESG minutes.. :-)

But I'm probably not alone in wondering about this..