Re: Thinking about adding another AD in the General(ish) area

Leslie,

Fair enough, and I think you analysis of 1 in vice-chair, 1+ in Chair
does fit those organizations that don't do it by rotation.  I agree that
it does not seem to be where we are as a group right now.

Harald,

Based on the comments from Thomas, me, and Margaret, would you
be willing to do this as a request for a General AD (second slot), with
the discussion of whether this can be made Vice Chair, should be the
sole Gen AD with you as Chair, or would stay in the usual "two in box"
system to happen after a proposal has been published and a
discussion held?

I think we could treat this as a "late request" to the NomCom to give
them some flexibility on the deadline here, with a presumption that
they probably could fill it in the same time (but ought to have a bit
of play).

I don't personally think the IESG alone can request a vice IETF chair,
because of the IAB and other roles the Chair fills, but I'm willing to
go with the group if there are no other voices for this position.

				regards,
					Ted