HUBMIB WG Interim Meeting - meeting fee

Question on possibly charging for participation.
Do we have formal rules?
Does the approach seem acceptable if we end-up with having to
charge some fee in the manner described. Fee would probably be
collected by IEEE admin people.

HUBMIB WG chair is planning for an upcoming Interim meeting.
Here is the thinking on this:

> - most people interested in the MIB documents to be discussed are
>   also IEEE 802.x participants
> - In fact we try very hard to have the MIBs be in sync with the
>   underlying IEEE technology specs.
> - So many participants will already be at the IEEE meeting
> - We are asking IEEE to make available a meeting room with projector
>   and allow us to drink some of their coffee/refreshments
> - People who are already at IEEE (for other reasons) pay normal IEEE
>   meeting/registration fees.
> - Dan is trying to get free access for IETF members who will only
>   attend the IETF interim part
> - If that is not possible, then Dan is asking if we/they can charge
>   such IETF participants a (far) lower rate to cover just the costs
>   for the (shorter) IETF session.
>
> Does that help and make sense?

Randy thinks/commented:

it helps.  it is understandable.  whether or not it is is fair is
another matter.  it makes two classes of ietf attendees, those also
attending ieee and those not.

so the issue is fair and equitable treatment.  i think we should
bring it to the iesg, just so no one on the iesg is blindsided when
someone complains.

of course, a lot depends on ieee's decision and how much they will
charge.

randy & Bert