Re: my action items from sunday's rssac meeting

> 2) rssac is heavily into the ipv4 version of anycast as part of normal
>    root operations.  rssac has started looking at the ipv6 equivilent,
>    and would very much like to understand why ipv6 anycast is, well,
>    so weird.  more precisely, they would either like somebody to
>    explain to them the good reasons behind the weirdness or, if no
>    such good reason really exists, they would like to have the
>    weirdness fixed.  i believe that this is a reasonable request.
>
>    itojun already has a draft in approximately this space, but i don't
>    think it quite answers the rssac's question yet, so unless somebody
>    objects, i'd suggest that the action here should be for me to work
>    with itojun to see what we can do here.

	for the purpose of root server operation, just ignore "IPv6 anycast"
	(like "anycast" flag to ifconfig in *BSD) and configure as if it is a
	normal address for the machine.  that is what i called "pseudo anycast"
	in the anycast-analysis draft, and it should work okay if (1) routing
	changes are not frequent, and (2) protocol roundtrip (i.e. DNS query to
	reply) is short.

itojun