RE: A Proposal for Moving Forward on draft-ietf-radext-ieee802

Bernard Aboba <> supposedly scribbled:

> It is now more than 6 months since draft-ietf-radext-ieee802 went
> through WG last call, and progress on resolving the Issues from WG
> last call has been
> slow.  This document is now a year behind schedule -- and counting.
> We
> need to find a way to make more rapid progress.

One thing that might be helpful is if the authors would actually publish a new version once in a while...

> Looking over the Last Call issues, it would appear that the majority
> of them relate to the filtering functionality, and relatively few
> comments relate to the VLAN and Priority functionality.
>
> In order to enable this document to be completed without further
> delays, I would like to propose that the Filtering functionality be
> removed from this document, and allowed to progress separately.
>
> This would allow for an -01 version of this documented to be posted
> within the next two weeks, followed by a two week WG last call, and
> submission to the IESG by IETF 65.

Hope this helps,

~gwz

Why is it that most of the world's problems can't be solved by simply
  listening to John Coltrane? -- Henry Gabriel