Re: A Proposal for Moving Forward on draft-ietf-radext-ieee802

Hi Paul,

what are your plans regarding the usage of the QoS-Filter-Rule
described in Section 3.6 of <draft-ietf-radext-ieee802-00.txt>?

Currently the draft only points to Section 4.3 of RFC 3588. RFC 3588,
however, only specifies the ability to carry a flow identifier (referred as IPFilterRule) with a DiffServ Code Point.

At the last IETF meeting I got the impression that more detailed QoS parameters should be discussed in another document. In fact there is already one that proposes more detailed parameters.

Ciao
Hannes

Congdon, Paul T (ProCurve) wrote:
We are very near publishing the next version with all of the filtering
issues resolved.  I would like to publish this version and see how well
that draft proceeds.  If the filtering function continues to hold up
this version, then we should consider your proposal.  I'll will get a
firm date on when the next version will be published.

Paul