RE: RADEXT Milestone revisions

Hannes Tschofenig writes...

> what do you mean by crypto-agility?

Generally speaking, it means the ability to treat cipher suites as
modular components of protocols such that they can be changed without
major upheaval to the protocol.  For example, the recent concerns over
attacks against certain applications for hash functions used in IETF
protocols, as discussed in SAAG.  More specifically, it means
changes/extensions to RADIUS to allow a system using RADIUS to obtain
FIPS-140 certification.

> > The desired goal would be to complete the split and have new
> > -00 documents submitted by the -00 deadline of Monday, February
> > 27.  This is a bit aggressive.

> extremely agressive :-)

Yes, perhaps.  We were waiting for formal approval from the ADs prior to
announcing the documents splits.  OTOH, the initial split is,
conceptually at least, a large cut and paste operation.