QoS and IEEE 802

Hi Bernard,
Hi David,

> a. The work now represented by the IEEE 802 document will be
> split into
> three separate documents, one focused on VLAN/Priority, one on basic
> filtering, and another document on redirection.
>
> The pre-approved WG work item draft file names are:
>
> draft-ietf-radext-vlan-priority-00.txt
> draft-ietf-radext-filter-rules-00.txt
> draft-ietf-radext-redirection-00.txt

Is the first document about QoS (is priority QoS for you)?

What are your thoughts about a common QoS approach? Different IEEE 802
standards specify different QoS parameters and require RADIUS
interaction. There is work in 3GPP2 and ongoing work in Wimax. Recently
someone posted a draft about the DSL proposal in this area. I ask this
question because I noticed that you seem to like a unified approach.

Ciao
Hannes