AW: AW: RADEXT Milestone revisions

Hi Alan,

> "Tschofenig, Hannes" <hannes.tschofenig@siemens.com> wrote:
> > ok. that's a different story. i remember these two proposals. what i
> > disliked with them was that they do not provide a solution
> for dynamic
> > authentication and key management. why isn't something tackling this
> > issue?
>
>   Bob Moscowitz and I came up with something related a few years back:
>
>   http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/03nov/slides/radext-4.pdf
>
>   I'll try to find a draft of the document, too.  It never went
> anywhere, though.

This work tried to accomplish a different goal. It tried to develop a
solution for initial enrollment between the RADIUS client and the RADIUS
server if they are in the same administrative domain. BUT: The problem
we are dealing with appears if you consider cases where the RADIUS
client and the RADIUS server are in different administrative domains.

>   There was also the Kerberos & RADIUS draft, but I can't find a link
> to it, either.

Interesting. I think I don't know this one.

In the first place I wanted to better understand the problem that needs
to be solved.

Ciao
Hannes