RE: RADEXT Agenda for IETF65, Take Two

Bernard Aboba writes...

> One of the items on the DIME WG agenda will probably be RFC 3588bis,
> which includes the definition of the NAS-Filter-Rule syntax.
> However, the DIME WG milestones involve bringing RFC 3588 to Draft
> Standard, which typically precludes addition of new features.

Does that mean that DIME has to choose between advancing to the base
Diameter protocol to DS and maintaining compatibility with RADIUS
Extensions?  Both are charter items for DIME.  Tough choice.

I think it would be a mistake for RADEXT to standardize a
non-interoperable extension to NAS-Filter-Rule, and that our charter
requirement of maintaining Diameter compatibility would potentially
preclude such action, in any event.