RE: RADEXT Agenda for IETF65, Take Two

Does that mean that DIME has to choose between advancing to the base
Diameter protocol to DS and maintaining compatibility with RADIUS
Extensions?

Not necessarily. It may be possible to bring RFC 3588bis to Draft Standard while handling NAS-Filter-Rule extensions in another document, at Proposed Standard.

At this point, I'm not clear about what will be covered in the Diameter Interop event (for example, how will interop testing of the "NAS-Filter-Rule" feature be handled?)

I think it would be a mistake for RADEXT to standardize a
non-interoperable extension to NAS-Filter-Rule, and that our charter
requirement of maintaining Diameter compatibility would potentially
preclude such action, in any event.

Right. The original NAS-Filter-Rule syntax was defined in RFC 3588, and the NAS-Filter-Rule attribute is defined in RFC 4005, so that changes to the syntax cannot evolve independently without impacting Diameter.