RE: Diameter compatibility of VLAN-00

Not sure I see the need to break new ground here... If there is an
existing mechanism to allow Diameter support we should continue to use
it.  I'd rather reference the mechanism that start including portions of
text that are trying to represent it...  Pass by reference, not by value
for better portability in this case.