RE: PLEASE READ: RADEXT WG last call in progress on VLAN/Priority Draft

I believe that the document is in pretty good shape, I still have a few
comments which I believe are worth being considered.

Content:

1. [RFC2674] is now obsoleted by [RFC4363]. I suggest to modify this
reference.
2. The supplicant definition in 1.1 says:

          A supplicant is an entity that is being authenticated by an
          authenticator.  The supplicant may be connected to the
          authenticator at one end of a point-to-point LAN segment or
          802.11 wireless link.

It is not clear why 'point-to-point' is mentioned here seemingly as
opposed to wireless. I believe that the point that is being made is
about connecting to a point-to-point or shared LAN segment. I suggest to
replace this by:

          A supplicant is an entity that is being authenticated by an
          authenticator.  The supplicant may be connected to the
          authenticator at one end of a point-to-point or shared LAN
          segment

3. I believe that there is at least one other example of security attack
by insertion of attributes with a malicious content that is worth being
mentioned. This is the case when the user priority table is modified
causing either degradation of quality of service by downgrading user
priority of packets arriving at a port, or denial of service by
oversubscribing the switch or link capabilities by raising the level of
priority of traffic at multiple ports of a device.

Editorial:

1. It is recommended that abstract sections expand acronyms with the
exception of the obvious (IP, TCP, etc...). I would say that VLAN and
RADIUS are not in the obvious category.
2. NAS shows up first in section 1.3 and is not expanded.
3. The first phrase in Section 5 seems broken, I read it as the document
being vulnerable, which is not the intent, I believe.

Regards,

Dan