Re: digest-auth surgery in Dallas

So far, no objections have been voiced to removal of the client nonce generation mode in the RADIUS Digest Authentication document. If we do not hear anything by Friday, April 14, we will declare WG consensus on this issue and remove the related text.

Hi,

during the RADEXT meeting in Dallas, we came to the conclusion that removing
the client nonce generation mode would solve most - if not all - of
the remaining issues with draft-ietf-radext-digest-auth.

Miguel would have to remove the relating parts from his Diameter draft
as well (sorry).

Anybody objecting to this proposal should speak up >>now<< and suggest how
to address the issues as outlined in
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06mar/slides/radext-0.pdf

Wolfgang

--