RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-radext-rfc2618bis-03.txt

Carl Kalbfleisch writes...

> What is the status of this and the updates to 2619, 2620 and 2621?

All four documents are in AD Review.

> Have these already passed last call?

They have passed WG Last Call some time ago.  The IESG may decide to
hold an IETF Last Call on all of these documents.

> 1) in this MIB I noticed that mosy complains about the definition of
> radiusAuthClientExtMIBCompliance MODULE-COMPLIANCE
> When I make the following change the syntax error is resolved.
RFC-2578
> indicates that the restricted enumeration is ok for INTEGER. Probably
an
> issue with mosy not interpreting the textual convention, but wanted to
> mention it in case it needs to be corrected somehow...
>
>         OBJECT radiusAuthServerInetAddressType
> --          SYNTAX InetAddressType { ipv4(1), ipv6(2) }
>          SYNTAX INTEGER { ipv4(1), ipv6(2) }

This correction was suggested by Bert Wijnen, and it passed the SMIv2
syntax checker that I use.
http://wwwsnmp.cs.utwente.nl/ietf/mibs/validate/
I suspect this is an issue with your compiler.

> 2) In the Accounting Client MIB I get a syntax error with mosy in the
> radiusAccClientExtMIBCompliance MODULE-COMPLIANCE. However if I make
the
> following change it works. Again, Probably an issue with mosy...
>
> --        SYNTAX InetAddressType { ipv4(1), ipv6(2) }
>         SYNTAX INTEGER { ipv4(1), ipv6(2) }

Ditto.

> 3) the accounting client MIB the first line of the MIB changed from
>
>    RADIUS-ACC-CLIENT-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

>    RADIUS-ACCT-CLIENT-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN
>
> (the T was added). Is this ok?

Ooops.  No, it is not OK.  This is a typo that will need to be corrected
before the document is published as an RFC.  Good catch.  Everyone else,
including me, has missed this so far.  :-)