RE: Questions about draft-ietf-radext-filter-rules-00.txt

I'd be leery to go down this pass given that some already argue that the
syntax is already complex.  Moreover, IMHO allowing proprietary
extensions somewhat dilutes the customer value of having a standardized
attribute.  Why not just define a VSA at this point?

Rather, I'd rather talk about what you need.  It sounds like you want to
perform some sort of QoS reclassification based on L3-L4 information.
Can you describe more in depth what your requirements are and what you'd
like to accomplish?  Given the syntax is not closed at this point, it's
still open to new extensions and modifications.

> 2) What happens if the IP address of the end host is not
> known when the NAS-Traffic-Rule attribute is sent from the
> RADIUS server to the RADIUS client in the Access-Accept? Is
> there a field to indicate that the RADIUS client should
> instantiate the rule when the end host gets the IP address assigned?

There already exists a technique to address this use case. The keyword
'assigned' can be assigned in the place of the source IP field.
'assigned' is defined as the IP associated with the terminal.  What is
not described is the method by which the NAS determines the IP of a
terminal.

MS