From: Ralph Droms [mailto:rdroms@cisco.com]
Sent: Thu 6/15/2006 8:50 AM
To: Nelson, David; Romascanu, Dan (Dan); Joseph Salowey (jsalowey); iesg@ietf.org
Cc: radext-chairs@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: COMMENT: draft-ietf-radext-delegated-prefix

(Second try)

Here is a draft of new replacement text for section 4 in
draft-ietf-radext-delegated-prefix, based on Jari's template.  If the
substance of the text is acceptable, I will clean up the various citations
and references.

Not knowing any better, I used OctetString as the datatype for the
Delegated-IPv6-Prefix.  Also, not being intimately familiar with Diameter,
the last three paragraphs may need some editing or correction.

Note that I modified the text from Jari's template, and suggest those
editorial changes be considered for the template in the future.

- Ralph

OLD:

4.  Diameter Considerations

  A definition is needed for an identical attribute with the same Type
  value for Diameter [4].  The attribute should be available as part of
  the NASREQ application [5], as well as the Diameter EAP application
  [6].

NEW:

  When used in Diameter, the attribute defined in this specification
  can be used as a Diameter AVP from the Code space 1-255, i.e.,
  RADIUS attribute compatibility space. No additional Diameter Code
  values are therefore allocated. The data types of the attributes
  are as follows:

    Delegated-IPv6-Prefix             OctetString

  The attribute in this specification has no special translation
  requirements for Diameter to RADIUS or RADIUS to Diameter gateways,
  i.e., the attribute is copied as is, except for changes relating to
  headers, alignment, and padding. See also [RFC 3588] Section 4.1
  and [RFC 4005] Section 9.

  The text in this specification describing the applicability of the
  Delegated-IPv6-Prefix attribute for RADIUS Access-Request applies
  in Diameter to AA-Request [RFC 4005] or Diameter-EAP-Request [RFC
  4072].

  The text in this specification describing the applicability of the
  Delegated-IPv6-Prefix attribute for RADIUS Access-Accept applies in
  Diameter to AA-Answer or Diameter-EAP-Answer that indicates
  success.

  The text in this specification describing the applicability of the
  Delegated-IPv6-Prefix attribute for RADIUS Accounting-Request
  applies to Diameter Accounting-Request [RFC 4005] as well.