RE: The RADIUS attribute space: an assessment

Glen Zorn said:

"It's not at all clear to me that Diameter (as specified) is actually a "better" protocol but at least it doesn't have the problem Bernard mentions; in any case, we're not talking about killing RADIUS, here, but whether to take heroic measures to keep it alive."

What would you characterize as a "heroic measure"?

Is extending the attribute space (if that is all that is done) "heroic"?

Or is the problem that proposals have also tended to add substantially new functionality in the process (e.g. support for Diameter AVPs)?

In other words, if RADIUS had a "living will", what "heroic measures" would be prohibited?