RE: The RADIUS attribute space: an assessment

Bernard Aboba <mailto:bernard_aboba@hotmail.com> supposedly scribbled:

> Glen Zorn said:
>
> "It's not at all clear to me that Diameter (as specified) is actually
> a "better" protocol but at least it doesn't have the problem Bernard
> mentions; in any case, we're not talking about killing RADIUS, here,
> but whether to take heroic measures to keep it alive."
>
> What would you characterize as a "heroic measure"?

I think that my analogy was inappropriate in that the question isn't really even keeping RADIUS alive (I really think it will likely out-live me easily, even with no more work).  Cosmetic surgery might be a better example: is it really necessary to continue the facelifts & nips & tucks & enhancements?  If so, then let's just do it all at once; otherwise, let it age gracefully & move on to Diameter.  There's pain involved either way, but at least we'll have a plan.

Hope this helps,

~gwz

Why is it that most of the world's problems can't be solved by simply
  listening to John Coltrane? -- Henry Gabriel