RE: [Isms] Summary of Authorize Only issue

David Harrington writes...

> We separated the security and transport mappings from the message
> format in the RFC3411 architecture; SNMPv3 refers to a message format.

It also implies the only version with any real security.

> Please do not bind these concepts unnecessarily in your RADIUS
> proposal.

I think we can simplify the naming, as Dan suggests, and refer to SNMP
over SSH.  We can add a statement in the security considerations section
that strongly recommends use only with SNMP versions that have real
security, i.e. v3 (and higher).

> I can envision an SNMPv4 message processing model that uses an XML
> message encoding to improve compatibility with netconf and with data
> models from other SDOs.

Good luck with that!  :-)

> I do not see a technical engineering reason to limit the RADIUS
> authorization to SNMPv3 over SSH, as compared to SNMP over SSH.

Right, but I think it might be fodder for the security considerations
section.