[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Questions on RADIUS Extended attributes
- To: "Nelson, David" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: Questions on RADIUS Extended attributes
- From: "Glen Zorn \(gwz\)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:20:56 -0700
- Authentication-results: sj-dkim-2.cisco.com; header.Fromemail@example.com; dkim=pass ( sig from cisco.com verified; );
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; l=1250; t=1155864060; x=1156728060; c=relaxed/simple; s=sjdkim2002; h=Content-Type:From:Subject:Content-Transfer-Encoding:MIME-Version; d=cisco.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; z=From:=22Glen=20Zorn=20\(gwz\)=22=20<email@example.com> |Subject:RE=3A=20Questions=20on=20RADIUS=20Extended=20attributes; X=v=3Dcisco.com=3B=20h=3DozUL88US95ffVhpOEaM8mzvE0qI=3D; b=nvd4ocbUaY2EaSf6xicqqyhqWCdL3hmxLMgYjkHZE/3T0QLhR2v3i4JX0fwhrjhXT3FUmMBr isGhK8YXvBVFNHAbpy5N9k7EjrIFGkmgSeMsHcKSlR0f0qcxx9dQBuX4;
Nelson, David <> supposedly scribbled:
> This solves two problems:
> (1) Exhaustion of ID space.
> (2) A standard method of encoding "over-size" attributes (those
> greater than 253 but less than the RADIUS PDU size).
Didn't we already have that?
> I think this meets the requirements we've agreed to for Extended
One problem it doesn't solve, though, is that of requiring code changes in servers & clients. I'm still wondering why we think that 2 bytes are really needed for "Extended Type". Also (just to note), the lack of a second Length field means that extended attributes can't be packed, unlike VSAs.
> There are other issues that we have *not* yet agreed to, such as how
> to standardize structured data (grouping, sub-types, etc.).
Grouping could be handled w/tags, a la RFC 2868.
> While we agreed to solve one problem at a time, I note there are
> drafts waiting in the wings that need to take advantage of grouping
> features, or at least are currently designed to use them.
Hope this helps,
Why is it that most of the world's problems can't be solved by simply
listening to John Coltrane? -- Henry Gabriel
to unsubscribe send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.