[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Questions on RADIUS Extended attributes
- To: "Bernard Aboba" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: Questions on RADIUS Extended attributes
- From: "Glen Zorn \(gwz\)" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:36:26 -0700
- Authentication-results: sj-dkim-7.cisco.com; header.Fromfirstname.lastname@example.org; dkim=pass ( sig from cisco.com verified; );
- Cc: <email@example.com>
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; l=1423; t=1155864988; x=1156728988; c=relaxed/simple; s=sjdkim7002; h=Content-Type:From:Subject:Content-Transfer-Encoding:MIME-Version; d=cisco.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; z=From:=22Glen=20Zorn=20\(gwz\)=22=20<email@example.com> |Subject:RE=3A=20Questions=20on=20RADIUS=20Extended=20attributes; X=v=3Dcisco.com=3B=20h=3DozUL88US95ffVhpOEaM8mzvE0qI=3D; b=gibVDsUdqB06BgcH81XmdJ8Q6jKUXeTgcNQnjCcYWZsKc8UmPmK5+rq17Iy5jYWXp5qQyNfy HkoJWFSFY3OXBWShAUyewhaWLQrQ4xZfJdwnB9pLbmuUElH96hOTGwM/;
Bernard Aboba <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> supposedly scribbled:
> RFC 2865 states that more than one vendor-specific attribute can be
> included within a RADIUS attribute of Type 26. However, I don't
> think it describes how vendor-specific attributes can be split across
> RADIUS attributes of Type 26.
I don't think it does, but I don't know why it would be any different than the way normal attributes work.
> One way to address this is via a tagging scheme.
Not sure why this would be necessary. If you think of the Vendor-Type field as just an extension :-) of the standard Type field, then on reception just cat all attributes w/the same "type" (in this case 26 + Vendor-Type) together in order, creating one massive attribute. Where this scheme falls apart is if there are more than one XXL attribute of the same type in a message. I think that tags can fix this, though, as well as providing a rudimentary attribute grouping capability. With tags, the algorithm becomes "cat all the attributes w/the same (Type+ExtType) and Tag together in order"; again, this only allows one XXL attribute of a given (Type+ExtType) per attribute group, but I suspect that that is probably adequate.
Hope this helps,
Why is it that most of the world's problems can't be solved by simply
listening to John Coltrane? -- Henry Gabriel
to unsubscribe send a message to email@example.com with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.