Re: Proposed Resolution to Issue 198: Attribute Concatenation/Splitting

Why would we want to limit the number of possible rules?

I don't think we want to do that. As a Glen has pointed out, there are deployments in which a very large number of rules are being used.

Why would we want to hide from the receiver whether a rule is going
to be segmented?

It's probably best not to hide that from the receiver.

	If TAG is non-zero, the next NAS-Filter-Rule attribute is a
	continuation of this one.  If TAG is zero, this attribute is
	the last or only segment of this rule.

So if a continued filter is followed by a non-continued one, then we have two attributes with zero (0) tag fields?

Why not just say that the tag field needs to be different between adjacent filter rules, with the exception of a zero tag that represents a non-continued filter rule?