RE: Proposed Resolution to Issue 198: Attribute Concatenation/Splitting

Okay Barney.

So at one hand having 61 rules is definitely limiting -- that is you see
an application that would require more then 61 rules.  Therefore
regardless of how we handle fragmentation, by the same token 16 rules
will not sufficie either and we need another solution whereby we can
send on the order of 60 rules whether they fragment or not.

But realistically, perhaps we need in the order of 10 rules where some
may overflow - or something like that.

With respect to apriori knowledge of RADIUS client knowing about
fragementation, I agree that it is an advantage but only marginally.

The current scheme has issues as I pointed out in the first email.

BTW you can have grouping and fragmentation if you use the approach
whereby you use the most significant bit of the TAG as fragmentation
bit.  The rest of the bits of the tag are used for grouping.

If you don't have fragmentation the the MSB is clear.  If you have
fragmentation the MSB is set.

If you don't have grouping the 7 LSBs are zero, if you do have grouping
then the 7LSBs indicate the group id.

So we can have our cake an eat it too!!!